3D scanning uses advanced ultrasound technology to produce imaging in three planes. These can then be reconstructed so that the images appear to be as you would see the structure in real life.
4D scanning adds the extra dimension of time to 3D imaging, so that the 3D image is moving in real time. Note that whilst 3D/4D scanning will usually be attempted during the procedure, it may not always be possible to obtain perfect views. This is usually because the fetus is not in a good position.
3D and 4D scanning adds an extra dimension to assessing the fetal spine and limbs.
It is also use in gynecological studies to assess the shape and morphology of the uterus.
Whilst often associated with beautiful baby images it is important to realise we use this technology to also assess the health of your baby.
3D/4D Non Diagnostic Ultrasound
Things to Consider Before Booking a 3D/4D Ultrasound:
- Many businesses run a 3D baby scanning and Gender service without using qualified staff
- Why pay more than $175 and be scanned on inferior equipment by unqualified people
Questions You Should Ask:
- Are you a NATA accredited business?
- Are all your staff qualified sonographers?
- Do you use portable ultrasound machines?
- Does your machine do skin tone images?
Details of Ultrasound Services 3D/4D Scan:
- Cost $175
- Appointments will run for 15 minutes (however if your baby is in an awkward position you can rebook the scan at no extra cost)
- 10 minute DVD included
- Numerous thermal images
- All images as .jpegs and .avi’s on disc
- 2 colour photos
All scans are performed by a fully qualified sonographer that specialises in obstetric ultrasounds with many years of experience.